Wednesday 30 July 2008

... So What is Truth then?

I received two entries / quotes today in my mailbox - and i am perpelxed, becuase they seem to contradict one another .... the one looks at "Truth" ... and the other at "Love" .... So here are two extracts, one from the first and one from the second:


1. "Mahatma Gandhi ... “Those who believed in the simple truths I proclaimed, can only spread them if they live in accordance with them. I am absolutely convinced that any man or woman can achieve what I did, if he makes the same effort and nurtures the same hope and faith." "


2. “That’s how love got lost,” he said. “When we started laying down rules for when love should or shouldn’t appear.”


And so I ask this, when the love appears, and you know its true, but its secrecy has the potential to harm another, is it True? My heart tells me "NO!" My deeper sense tells me that the greater Truth and Love for myself, for space is right nowthe one I keep in my heart, and for the ignorant party, is to walk away - i try to undertsnad the "love" in my equation and how this second quote would fit into that ....

So here's a thought: Love comes to us in its own time, we can embrace or shy away, but not dishonour - Love is pure and generous and compassionate - it is not secret and ego-driven ... I fear that this is where I am with 'my love' at the moment - and my deeper sense of truth tells me that its time to go. Love I believe shows us the deeper love and compassion for ourselves - and shows us where we're terrified to tread - often into our own hearts and what truely lies therein - often its a long-forgotten love and tenderness that got hurt and that we covered up, hid, and tried to forget about over the years - the thing is, The Lady will keep returning until we get brave and venture back into ourselves .... so, what I am going to try and take away with me is that he has forgotten the love for himself and its limitless expanses, his capacity to love another because of this, and becuase of forgetting this love, he's fallen into a conventional way that contradicts everything that he confesses to believe in - and his actions now are a complete contradiction of his once saying how he is an "old soul" - a soul with the eyes of agedness would open then no matter how much resistance and see what needs to be seen ....

Its taken me so long to come to this point, but my being realised this morning that he may not want to face any of this - but i do - and if I trueky honour how I FEEL, then i cannot stanmd by and watch this happen - My "eyes" know how this hiding away hurts one's self, one's spirit, and the one's who back .... What I feel is an extension of who I am, and if I am true to myself, I will leave, becuase its the honest thing to do - being part of his decision to keep hurting himself and the people he loves is not what I stand for.

I understand love breezes in when we least expect it to - but surely it is there for us to grow, not to be complacent - surely it has our greater wellbeing at heart - then surely my role cannot be one of playing a part possibly hurting another's heart (I've been there once before). He will need to hurt her on his own, for I cannot, I honour her - and if this is really what he thinks of her, thinks its okay to continue with this, then he loves her not, for that is not Love.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work by Angela Iris Jean Blake is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 South Africa License.