Sunday 13 July 2008

.... The Last Word (13th July 2008)


…. The Last Word


Perhaps I am naïve

Yet something tells me this is not so
That the clarity with which I just saw
what I did
Is in fact true

That a moment ago
I thought you were the one
with all the bravery
Far more brave than I
Able to sit and listen and be
with all that was flowing out of me

yet,
when I asked if my starting
a new journey alone
without you
caused any suffering?
You answered “no”

….and yet I do not think
That this is so.

I am careful these days
to not get hopes and truths
mixed up
to not get what may be secret agendas
to colour my actions
and drive them
to colour my sensings
and confirm them

So for a moment I pushed what I saw
away
And yet It came back
And gently beckoned me to see

That the one who is brave is not you
But is me
That perhaps
My shifting into your Life’s Path
Was to shake you awake
From your complacent sleep
The Divine
Wants you to stop
And see
That you’re not seeing
what you should be

You excuse yourself with ”I’m lazy”
But its not true
You are a warrior
Who is scared
On his heart to follow through

What if my coming
Has been to let you see
That there is a world
A chance
Possibility
That somewhere you gave up on
And are too scared to look for again
That “content”
Is another excuse you use
To hold back the challenge reins

You say you do not suffer
I know this is not true
I know you suffer deeply
But to admit
to losing one so closely dear
just too damn near
to the warrior of you
Is to see
That you’re not living your Possibility


What if I came to shimmer
A glimpse
of what you want
- the truth inside your Self -
What you’ve wanted all your life
but have been too scared
to live out.

(13th July 2008)

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work by Angela Iris Jean Blake is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 South Africa License.