Tuesday 15 July 2008

The Face of Love

The Face of Love


So innocently did I
Go into the space of us
It was just a short while ago that I asked
To come to know
To meet and be acquainted with
To be introduced to
the Unconditional
face of Love

I read the book
“The Obsession”
And through the words
of the passionate painter’s
storyweaving
I came to know
The Source
The Essence
Of Love Divine
And knew its what I wanted

Its what I want
And now I have
Hope to live for

I’ve loved no other
Like this
As I do you
And as I reflect on the days
The weeks
that have been
I fondly remind myself
That everytime my heart squeezes from
missing you
It’s the window through which I can look and see
And remember
Just how much you still mean to me
How deeply I will love you
Always
In this lifetime
Into the next

I’ve loved before
Deeply
Passionately
But not like this
Not where
My palms now stay open
With such tenderness
In willing you to take off
And fly
To discover your destiny
Wherever that may be

I now know that -
As I watch through the window -
There are no conditions in the love that lives here
Only Love itself
Unmasked
And eternal
Untamed
And infinite

And I know that
My hands will always carry you in their palms
And I’ll always be watching
the paths you tread into the ground
the directions you choose to explore
the ways you choose to grow

I know that
by my walking away
I am the closest yet
To you
that I have ever been
For the space I’ve given to me
Is the space I’ve given to you
For us to breathe,
to live,
to be
whole

There will always be a space
In waiting
In case
But not in desperation
With glistening eyes
I’ll look to see how you are doing
And when the smile
crosses your face
I’ll know to pack
the space away

I am at peace
And I’ve lived my fairytale story
Chapter One
- The Zahir -
Just a moment ago
Into now
To continue
to tomorrow

I can rest
In knowing I have arrived
At the door
Of Love’s Wisdom
I have finally met
the face of the love
that I have for you
and Her nature
is Unconditional




14th July 2008
for ....
“I love you unconditionally, through nature and space and time.”

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work by Angela Iris Jean Blake is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 South Africa License.