Tuesday 18 December 2007

Pubescent Moments ..... (poem - 18 December 2007)

I’m
Writing on a virtual wall
Vomitting up my days events
Smearing my most scandalous secrets
Across this silent, glass screen
Hoping you can see me from therein

I’m retreating into a world alone
The one I’d left long ago
A time of confusion,
no confidence,
of an unquenchable thirst for affection,
and love,
and recognition by the same kind.

I’m
Re-pubescent in this mood
I’m re-living moments of years
that were lost
in the responsibilities
placed heavy on those
small shoulders
of mine.

So now I try and go back
To that time of innocent giggles
And fluttering flies
In the stomach
As I learn the newness of love
Not yet understanding its depths
Obsessed with knowing it
more.

I splash my confessions
Across this transparent paper
Publishing my thoughts to the world
In the click of a button
I girlishly decorate my entries
With the pens
of fonts and .coms

…a virtual diary
of a twenty-something
teenager.

(29 October – 18 December 2007)

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work by Angela Iris Jean Blake is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 South Africa License.