Tuesday 18 December 2007

"I'm Sorry" ......(poem)

I’m Sorry


I’m sorry that we couldn’t make it through
I’m sorry you felt abused by me
And me by you

I’m sorry
We have such different ways
That tore us apart
So we couldn’t stay
Couldn’t hear what the other had to say

I’m sorry
That I cannot share how deeply do I love and care
For you
You do not leave my mind
For a single moment

I’m sorry please just know I try and
try each day to understand
And to pretend the pain is going away
But then it creeps
Back from behind
And I am unprepared
Again

I’m sorry that I cannot
Speak to you
In person
I wish I could

I wish I could hold you
And you me
That we the best of friends could be
for each other
and all the other roles
that go in the space of intimacy
but it seems our phases of growing
got in the way
there’s a delay
in our becoming intertwined
in the verse-vines of Love


I wish us the best
For our future tests
For our choices still to come
For the separate paths
That we now walk

And I’m sorry.

(12 December 2007)

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work by Angela Iris Jean Blake is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 South Africa License.