Tuesday 7 October 2008

Time to let go

The Strength of the Warrior
Posted: 06 Oct 2008 05:44 AM CDT
Paulo Coelho

The warrior - inadvertently - takes a wrong step and falls into the abyss. Phantoms startle him, loneliness torments him. As always he sought the Good Combat, and didn’t think this would happen to him.
But it did. Surrounded by darkness, he communicates with his master.
"Master, I have fallen into the abyss," he says. "The waters are deep and dark."
"Remember one thing," replies the master. "That it is not the fall which drowns, but the length of time underwater."
And this causes the warrior to use all his strength to get out of the situation in which he finds himself.


...thank you Paulo. My heart is broken, and all because I believed fully and deeply in the person ... confused as I am right now, its time to let go of him, I did my best, gave my all, loved with every part of me - his destiny is not my choosing, it is his own. I uqestion every day how I did not love him enough, what more could I have given of myself, and every morning I look at him and the walls have shut me out even more than before - or maybe its me who knows this fight I have lost. He won - whatever it was he wanted to achieve, he did.

Its Time for me to go my own way now and leave him in the present, there'll be no changes for today.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work by Angela Iris Jean Blake is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 South Africa License.