Wednesday 1 October 2008

.... and further, there is co-dependency.

It's so subtle that it appears as if there is nothing wrong, no insecurities and neediness....but i have now experienced too many relationships where each time i have thought myself to be the one needing security, the weak one, the one neeidng to depend on the other for support - but always, always my partner who appeared so strong and in control was in fact the one depending on me the most ... how silly. Again, I fooled myself. And as i stand back i can see how scared of his own emotions he is, so much so that he has grown the thickest skin i have ever encountered - and yet, he was the most timid, sensitive man when spending time quietly with me. I thought i was the one who had to be looked after and protected, but in reality i was the supporter, the carrier ..... again, I lived out the role bewteen my mother and I - she was the child, and i the mother.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work by Angela Iris Jean Blake is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 South Africa License.