Monday 30 June 2008

A Good Chardonnay (29 June 2008)

A Good Chardonnay


As a good Chardonnay
I drink you in
Through my eyes and my sense
Filtering you through my pores
into my soul

I take a sip
You slide down my throat
with ease and stillness
No acidity and sharpness
Detected
Only peace and tranquillity
I am content

As your warmth eases into my body
My blood
You warm me all over
Your liquid language
Speaks and flows through my cells
Your essence
Heating mine to the slowest simmer
A gradual igniting
Of recognition
Of likenesses

I want to take you home
With me
And age you by my side
Then savour you at chance moments
Delighting in your change
Your maturing
Your discovering of self
Over time

Seeing my own surprise
While discovering your uniqueness
more and more
An ever mystery
Always to be discovered,
and yet never known

As a good Chardonnay
you are a masterpiece
unto your own
and never to be repeated,
so I’ll savour every taste
sip every drop
while this bottle is near.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work by Angela Iris Jean Blake is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 South Africa License.