Monday 30 June 2008

I Quietly Love you (15 May 2008)

… I look forward to each day
Of stepping into the dark of the office
From the brightness of the sun
Knowing you will look up
And wait
For me to say “hi”
So you can say
“hi”
- and if I don’t you make sure I do
- and I’m moved
- for this that you do

I see you enter our side office
To phaff about
Trying to look busy
Collecting a mug
Or a dish
For your interestingly timed snacks
Those oh so interesting
Bachelor style snacks –
I know you’re missing that
we’ve not yet connected for the day
I know this
Because I feel and miss it too
And when you do this
I remember what I feel for
And I’m so sure you feel this for me too

You walk me to my car
When the night is dark
And work has gone on late
I notice
You seem to do this only with me
I notice how once,
My car was safe
And I‘d be safe getting to it
Yet still
You walked me part the way
I watched you
Watching me, seeing to my wellbeing
And my heart squeezed
And my soul breathed
Into its depths
With my tenderness for you
I Breath in your silent love for me too.

….. we quietly dance our dance
For the other
Each day
In the professional moments
We share in work
And I think it need not be spoken
We look into the other’s eyes
And there’s a knowing
There’s no surprise
Of that unspoken realm
That certainly exists
Between our hearts
Where our souls share this bliss.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work by Angela Iris Jean Blake is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 South Africa License.