Saturday 2 February 2008

"Tears Taste Sweet" (Poem - 02 February 2008)

For a moment
my hand lingers at my mouth
I'm caught in the act
of painful self-infliction
Only this time
I see where I'm going
and the light of self-awareness
self-understanding
flickers on
My tender nails
will no longer bare
the venting of my pain
the skin that protects
these tender layers of cartilage
will no longer be torn
wrenched from my body
my well-being
by my ruthless teeth
as I, in a fit
of denied emotional pain
take it out on my physical self
No
this time
I'm going to resist
and sink
into the rawness within
the dissapointment
and the awful pain
And as I hold myself
in the deepest embrace
I'm going to cry and cry
I'm going to let the sadness
flow uninhibited
letting it swim around me
And I see My sadness
in the waters that envelop me
I sit at the bottom
and all around
I see me
the crysal waters
so clear in their reflections back
in their beauty
I see my own
The tears come quietly
and the pain becomes real
I give it space to be there
here
in me
I accept it as having a rightful place
within my flesh, my bones
my heart
my spirit
and the tears taste sweet
I laugh at the extraordinariness
of their presence
and their comfort
despite the pain
my hurt holds me
It teaches me to let me be
to let go
to relax into who I am
and love all of me ....
Only ever
All of me....

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work by Angela Iris Jean Blake is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 South Africa License.